On Saturday, September 26th, Blake Koch will be racing in the VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 at the Kentucky Speedway. Are you going to the race? If so, check out this list of the top five places to visit while you’re in the area. We have no doubts you’ll have a great time at any of these fun hangouts.
- Tony’s Steak and Seafood of Cincinnati: Though Cincinnati isn’t Kentucky, it’s less than an hour away and this place is worth the drive! Voted the restaurant with the best steak and chef by Cincy Magazine, your experience will be nothing short of impeccable. Between the open kitchen that cooks everything from fresh seafood appetizers to gourmet salads and amazing steaks, and the vibrant staff, you won’t be disappointed with your experience!
- Rusty Wallace Racing Experience: In the mood to join in on the racing fun? Check out Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. You’ll get an authentic NASCAR racing experience by driving real, current stock cars with a real NASCAR champion. You will truly get a racing experience you’ll never forget.
- The BonBonerie: Need a sweet treat after dinner? Take a trip to The BonBonerie. This bakery has everything from Italian pastries to delicious cookies and cupcakes. There’s also a café where you can enjoy soups, salad and tea. You sweet tooth will definitely be thanking you after taking a trip here!
- Via Vite: Another acclaimed restaurant in Cincinnati – Italian style. Named by USA as one of the 10 best restaurants in Cincinnati, Chef Cristian and his team use only the finest imported and local ingredients to make each dish from scratch. Be sure to stop in Sunday for Brunch and half off wine!
- Switzerland County Historical Society: Looking for more family fun? The Switzerland County Historical Society is one of the oldest historical societies in Indiana. You’ll experience the early life, music and trades of the French. This is a great way to spend time with your family while traveling back in time.
- Cincinnati Nature Center: There’s no better way to spend a fall weekend then taking a trip to the Cincinnati Nature Center. Enjoy you day by hiking through the forests, streams and ponds of the regions. The views and experience are amazing. Take the time to enjoy the nice weather with your family before the cold hits!
- Graeter’s Ice Cream: Who doesn’t love a good ice cream sundae? You can’t go wrong with a hand crafted ice cream from Graeter’s. Graeter’s carries everything from seasonal flavors, to sorbet to gelato. They even offer low glycemic for those who need to moderate sugar in their diet. This weekend is the perfect time to enjoy their Elena’s Blueberry Pie before September is over! Plus, Proceeds from every sale benefit The Cure Starts Now Foundation.
- Cincinnati Art Museum: Take a relaxing browse through the Cincinnati Art Museum. This is a great place to take your family, or visit with friends. Walk through the “Unknown Elements” exhibition – an exhibition featuring 26 photographs with unknown details. The photos range from the 19th century to present day. Spending your day surrounded by culture can never disappoint.